This is a modification and widening of this El Comidista’s recipe. I mix those eggplants with shitake mushrooms so the meal is even tastier.It’s a good side for meat and fish, or qe could add an escrambled egg and some noodles and we have a complete meal.
- 2 eggplants
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce or fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of honey (preferably not very strong)
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1/2 tsp of powdered chilli
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Some peanuts
- Sunflower oil
- We cut the eggplants into sticks, and fry them in a very hot pan, using sunflower oil until they brown.
- We take them out of the pan and leave them on a piece of absorbent paper to eliminate the extra oil.
- We prepare the mix of all the other ingredients (except sesam seeds and peanuts). We pour it in a cooking pot and we add the eggplants, the amount of water needed to cover them and the sliced shitake.
- We boil it 10-15 minutes or until the eggplants are soft.
- We take out the eggplants and shitake and let the sauce reduce until it looks like syrup.
- We serve the eggplants and shitake, pouring the asuce all over them, and decorate with sesame seeds and minced peanuts. We can also add some lime zest.